Meadows Driving School is now on Facebook!
Friend us today!
The Final Destination a/k/a Road Test Options
Upon completion of all components of driver's education course, holding a learner's permit for six (6) consecutive months and entry of a student's Driver Education Certificate (DEC) by the RMV electronically into the RMV data base, a student has the following options for a road test to obtain a Massachusetts driver's license:
MEADOWS DRIVING SCHOOL OFFERS SATURDAY MORNING ROAD TESTS AT OUR SCHOOL IN EAST LONGMEADOW. YOU WILL NOT NEED TO RETURN TO THE RMV. UPON PASSING THE ROAD TEST, THE STUDENT'S PERMIT IS CONVERTED INTO A VALID MASSACHUSETTS DRIVER'S LICENSE (ACTUAL LICENSE IS MAILED DIRECTLY TO THE STUDENT).
We also offer road tests weekdays at either 11am or 1pm and utilize full service RMV branches in Chicopee, Westfield, Easthampton and/or Southbridge.
- Meadows Driving School will sponsor a student for a fee of $85.00. This fee is in addition to the RMV licensing fees: $25.00 for the Driver's Education Certificate, $20.00 for the appointment and $50.00 for the driver's license).
- Meadows Driving School will schedule the student's appointment with the RMV and we will notify you of the test location, date and time of the road test appointment.
- Meadows Driving School provides the vehicle for the student's use for the road test.
- During the road test, Meadows Driving School provides a certified driving instructor as your sponsor, as required by the RMV.
- Meadows Driving School will collect and prepay the RMV licensing fees on behalf of the student.
- Students are required to have their own transportation to and from the location of the scheduled road test.
You may schedule your own road test with the Mass DOT Registry of Motor Vehicles division via calling (866) MASSRMV or (617) 351-4500 or via the internet, www.massgov/rmv. You must have student's permit number, name and date of birth when scheduling over the telephone. You must have a student's permit number, name, date of birth and social security number when scheduling online.
You will be responsible for scheduling the appointment with the RMV, providing the required vehicle (parking brake in center console of vehicle or bench seat with floor brake easily accessible to the RMV Examiner), providing the required licensed adult to sit in the back seat during the test and to pay the RMV licensing fees, totaling $70.00, at the time of scheduling the road test appointment or, in the branch, upon the student passing the road test.
On the day of the road test, a student will need their learner's permit and the Class D or M Road Test Application (which Meadows Driving School provides to each student at Class #15 and to parents who attend our parent class). You may also visit the RMV website www.massgov/rmv, go to Forms and Manuals, then Licensing and print said road test application (not to be confused with Application For License or Application For Commercial License).
If a student is using a parent's vehicle for the road test, you must also bring the vehicle's registration and your driver's license into the RMV prior to the test to present to the RMV Examiner.
All cell phones must be off during the road test.
Please check with your individual insurance agents/companies to obtain information regarding when you must insure your newly licensed driver.